Call for SIWA Project Officer
LOOM invites applications from qualified individuals for the post of SIWA Project Officer starting from January 2021.
The project officers work in coordination with the Senior Programme Coordinator under the direction of the Executive Chair to design, implement and provide timely evaluation of project interventions. The project officer is responsible to coordinate with be a partner organisations for the implementation of project activities. These include coordinating with stakeholders, hosting workshops/trainings as required, documenting several types of case studies and life stories, conducting field-based study, planning local budgets and overseeing its expenditure.
The project officer designs advocacy strategy at local levels with community based partners on different themes affecting LOOM’s community partners. The officers also act as the focal personal in implementing and leading these advocacy efforts including documentation, publication and delegating other tasks as is necessary.
The project officer must be willing to travel frequently and independently.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Applies feminist values and principles in programmes, administration, finance and other matters within the organisation.
- Manages day to day implementation and administration of project activities aligned with project objectives and expectations
- Drafts the monthly and annual project work plan according to the project objectives as indicated in the project documents and update as necessary.
- Ensures proper consultation and participation of targeted beneficiaries, partner organisations, and other stakeholders.
- Monitors progress (updating M&E plan), assist in programme budgeting, and provide translations and interpretation when required during meetings and consultations.
- Prepares periodic progress and final project report and submit to Senior Program Coordinator.
- Monitors calendar of activities, and provides feedback on the status;
- Assists Partner institution in delivering relevant activities, facilitate in the collection of information for monitoring progress; document good practices, and other salient elements for the implementation process.
- Helps to analyze qualitative and quantitative information to track the progress of the programmes
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and implementation of meetings, workshops, and capacity-building;
- Participate in relevant meetings and consultations as required.
- Ensure the quality of documents, including editing and translation.
- Organize publications and dissemination of project outputs.
- Coordinates implementation of activities by regular and active communication with stakeholders (funders, partners, and experts)
- Prepare presentations using presentation tools such as PowerPoint for meetings and consultations.
- Represent LOOM at conferences and workshops as needed.
- Performs any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Committed and Passion to promote rights of women and young people;
- Strong knowledge about and understanding of work plans, budgets, and reporting
- In-depth understanding of the political, social, economic, and legal context of Nepal and the societies where we work;
- Experience and Understanding of feminist knowledge and issues and also on participatory approaches in developing Local and nationally relevant feminist knowledge;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with key stakeholders in the targeted areas.
- Excellent organisational skills and implementation capacities.
- Experience with the implementation of project budgets and monitoring of expenditures
- Analytical and drafting capacity- capacity to independently prepare reports and presentations
- Previous experiences and strong networking skills with government officials, NGOs, private sector and partner organisations would ne asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to make high quality presentations during workshops and consultations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Fluent in English and Nepalese, both written and oral. Must be able to type in Nepali language.
- High flexibility, ability to work under time pressure, to prioritise multiple tasks and responsibility to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Proficiency in mainstream Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other different presentation Tools.
- Having Driving License will be beneficial
Required Qualifications and skills:
LOOM seeks a results-oriented individual with the ability to produce high-quality deliverables, manage multiple concurrent tasks, and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail. The candidates are required to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experiences in Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, Sociology, Gender Studies, Rural Development, or any other related fields following a Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably Master’s degree) in similar subjects.
- Experiences working in different aspects of the project cycle management with sound knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques. Professional knowledge in the field of project and/or events management and implementation.
- Excellent command in both Nepali and English language. Must be able to type in Nepali. Knowledge of another local language will be an asset. Must be able to type in Nepali or be able to perform within a month.
- Please submit a recently updated CV with recent work experiences mentioned first together with a one-liner statement best defining your personal capacity.
- Names of two professional; referees with whom we can communicate regarding your prospect. Provide emails and proper contacts of reference persons.
- Also provide a scanned copy of your Citizenship or Passport for confirmation of national identity, and a copy of your PAN Card. All the documents must be submitted in a .pdf file format.
- Submit Sample of written work minimum 500 words – One each in English and Nepali.
Instruction for application: Please send your CV and cover letter and other related documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with position title on the subject no later than 10th December, 2020.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.